Friday, June 19, 2009

5 Months!

I'm super late on posting this. It has been a crazy month, but I'm officially on summer vacation and now I get to enjoy every minute of every day with the sweetest baby in the world. I feel so incredibly blessed to be a teacher and have my summers and holidays off to be with Makenna. (FYI-I got my job back! YAY!) Okay, enough about me....

Makenna is 5 months old now. Can you believe it? She is getting to be such a big girl!





She is such a busy little girl these days. As you can tell from the pictures, she doesn't like to stay in the same place for very long! Mike and I spend all afternoon switching her from our arms, to the swing, to the bouncer, to the jumper, to her playmat, and probably her favorite-a blanket on the floor with all of her toys.

She has mastered the roll over from back to belly. Matter of fact, she rolls to her tummy every.single.time she is put down on the ground. We are still working on getting back to our back, especially since we get fussy if we are on our belly for very long! Oh, and she only rolls to the right :)

As I sit here and type this, my sweet angel is sleeping peacefully in bed....unswaddled....and on her tummy. Aaackkkk! I'm a nervous wreck and check on her at least 472593736191390 times a night! Mike thinks it's a good thing because "Now she can make herself comfy." I hope so, but it is sure making it difficult to decide to do the big move....to sleeping in her crib. In her own room. Down stairs. All by herself :( Mommy isn't quite ready for this yet.

She is a talker. When I drive home from picking her up at daycare, she tells me all about her ENTIRE day. "blah, blah, ba, ba, baaaa, blah!" :) I think I've even heard some "dah, dah, dah, dah" BUT I'm still holding out for her to learn the "m" sound because I REALLY want to hear some "mah, mah, mahs" too!

She has found her feet! And she is finally flexible enough to get them to her mouth (pictures to come!)

We took her to the park and showed her the geese and baby geese. While we were there, I asked Makenna if she could see them (the geese were about 5 feet away). A lady next to us said, Oh she can't see that far away. Their eyes don't work that well.

Hmph. To that I said......ummm actually yes she can see that far away. She can see the dog and cat from all the way across the room. I know this because she laughs hysterically when the dog walks down the stairs or when the cat comes in from outside! Whatever lady! Apparently Makenna is an animal lover just like her mommy and daddy! Molly and Livy are her buddies and she gets a kick out of them all the time :)


Last week, we also started giving her some rice cereal. She is not a fan just yet. We'll keep trying. (video to come!)

Love you Kenna-Girl!

1 comment: