Friday, August 28, 2009

Teeth!

At 7 months, 3 weeks, and 2 days...Makenna has finally gotten her first teeth.

When I was feeding her breakfast this morning, I thought I saw a little bit of white on her gums. I stuck my finger in her mouth and sure enough there was a tooth poking through (bottom left). At about 5 o'clock I felt again, and then there were TWO teeth poking out (and bottom right).

It was a bittersweet feeling. While I have been waiting and expecting teeth for months now, it seems like my little baby is no longer that teeny, tiny baby she once was. She now is eating 3 solid meals per day along with a few Puffs or Mum-mums as snacks. I miss saying that I was the only one sustaining her life through nursing. She doesn't even want me to hold her all of time anymore, she pushes me away in order to get back down on the floor to army crawl to the dog or her toys. I used to need to rock or nurse her to sleep, but now she just wants to be put down in the crib so she can fall asleep on her own. She is getting to be so independent! I remember wishing for this day to come, now I just want time to stop and go backwards. My little girl is growing up too fast.

1 comment:

  1. Ohh... I so know that feeling. Wait until her first birthday ~ and before you know it, kindergarten is starting in four days! It's unbelievable.

    ReplyDelete