Sunday, December 5, 2010

Oh, Christmas Tree, Oh, Christmas Tree...

3 tree farms, lots of tears, lots of smiles, and waayyy too much money later...we finally have our Christmas tree!

After convincing Mike that we NEEDED a real tree this year, we headed out to get one. First stop--Honey U-Cut Farm. First off the placed smelled sooooo bad. Not sure why, but we think it might have been the fields with rotting pumpkins near by. That didn't help make for a pleasant experience. There were many trees to choose from, but they were all a little too short and skinny. Makenna was not impressed either. So we left.


The second farm was off Orting hwy. It looked great, but they didn't take debit (and I didn't think to bring my purse with cash/checks). On to the next farm...So we drove further down the road to the Snow Shoe Tree Farm. My family has gotten our trees from here for many years. It really does have the nicest trees, but they are more expensive then most places.




After three hours of looking for a tree, Mike was done, and told me not to look at the price tags anymore, and just pick the one I wanted. :) Our tree is perfect! Now hopefully I can convince him to get a real tree again next year after all this...



1 comment:

  1. I love these. She is so adorable! We always get a tree too. It's so fun! I didn't realize you and I lived so close to each other. We went here this year:

    http://www.christmastraditionstreefarm.com/coupons

    I LOVED it. I thought the prices were good and it was so pretty! I'm going to post pics sometime this week. :)

    ReplyDelete